Friday, August 13, 2010

Feburary 26th

Today when daddy and I went to the NICU to see you they took off the CPAP and put you on high flow NC oxygen. They also were able to take out your arterial line because your blood gases were stable. This all meant that I could hold you. I was so surprised. You are so tiny and fragile I was expecting this moment to be further away but it could not have been a more welcomed surprise.


Your tiny little body welcomed being held and you fell asleep so peacefully. I held you for an hour. so afraid to move; you seem so fragile. Daddy and I just touched and kissed you. They told us that you are working so hard to breathe they will only take you out of the isolette a few days a week and only on the good days. If you are snuggling they will leave you alone. We understand. I feel so blessed to have held you. I feel like this is all going to be alright now. Just feeling your little heart beat against mine. They weighed you today. 2 lb 6 oz. You are loosing weight, that is to be expected. They started feeding you 1 cc of breastmilk every 6 hrs through your feeding tube. You have peed and pooped already. You are on 23 % 02 on your HF NC. Daddy and I spent most of today by your bedside. It is going to be so sad when I can no longer walk down the hall to come see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment