Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy birthday

Happy birthday Aiden! You were born this morning at 7:27 AM by emergency C-Section. At 6:28 mommy woke up to a strong little kick that let me know something was not right. After several weeks here in the hospital I went into labor last night and they couldn't stop it this time. And you decided to try to come out feet first. I called daddy and he rushed from the firestation. Dr. Street rushed in and met me in the OR. Daddy came in before they started the surgery. It was so fast that even though I see c-sections everyday I was lost as to what all was happening. Over a dozen people swarmed the OR room awaiting your arrival. I was terrified. Daddy was already beaming and proud. When they pulled you out your tiny cry filled the room. What a precious sound. You were only 29 weeks and 2 days gestation and weighed only 2 lb 10 oz, 14.5 inches long. You are so tiny, so beautiful. I was terrified to have surgery, but more so to have you. The c-section was fast and a vertical incision was made to ensure your quick and healthy arrival. That will always be my Aiden scar. They rushed you to the NICU as soon as you were born. I kissed you good bye from the OR table and went to the NICU with you. You were on CPAP to assist you in inflating your lungs. I saw you in the NICU for the first time today about 2 hrs after you were born. Daddy wheeled me over in a wheelchair and I lifted the blanket covering your isollette. They had intubated you. The doctor assures me it is only for a few hours to get surfactant into your lungs and you are only on a CPAP setting. Your body has so many tubes and wires. You are so tiny. It is hard to even begin to describe. Grandma, Grammy, Grana all went to see you in the NICU after you were born. Only grandparents and parents are allowed in.

      You have dark hair with tiny sideburns. Kind of like your uncle Travis. You have brown eyes and long fingers. You are perfect. I cannot believe that I am here, that you are here. I know God has placed us on this journey to experience something amazing. I love you Aiden Joseph; you are everything I dreamed you would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment